AMD has proven own efficiency as module dependencies tool. Unfortunately it did not go further to cover the implementation compatibility as among versions as between different implementations.
AMD harness has a goal to create the layer on the top of AMD to cover the modules integration into application. It provides
- Set of unified APIs with implementations matching the SDLC and environment
- Loader to pick the API implementation according to run and build environment, fallback to local if CDN broken, on-fly JS conversion for legacy ES5 browsers.
- Reference implementation and test set for unified APIs along with fixes inside of implementation
- Set of functional modules to make a development stack complete when no other implementations available
- The complete set of SDLC documentation including requirements and design